What to do in Cali - The best of
Cali is the salsa capital of south america and Colombia´s third largest city. The city has a modern and tranquil atmosphere and a tropical climate, with average temperatures between 24 and 30 degrees. In the evening a breeze cools down the daytime heat.
One of Cali´s main attractions is its vibrant nightlive, which centres around Avenida 6ta and the salsathecas of Menga. During the day you can visit the zoo, various museums, hike up to "Las Tres Cruzes" or go for a walk trough San Antonio the colonial neighbourhood with its bohemian atmosphere and park.
You can also visit Cali with guides from Colombia Walking Tours
At the end of the year the Feria de Cali is held with a carnaval, concerts and salsa shows.
- Feria de Cali (december) - go wild during one of the hottest salsa week party in the world
- Festival Petronio Álvarez (august) - learn about Pacific Music at this unique Festival
- Salsa -learn and practice hot salsa steps with the locals, check out where to party.
- Chiva Party - go across the city on the party bus
- Loma de la Cruz - buy some handicrafts and listen to the local musicians
- San Antonio - meet local artists, drink a cup of Colombian coffee at this relaxed colonial part of the city
- Zoo - visit Amazonian beasts in the biggest ZOO in the South America
- El kilómetro 18 - remember the feeling of the cold weather only 30 minutes from steamy Cali and try local food in one of the local restaurants
- Chipichape - watch the "Silicon Valley" crowd in this famous shopping centre
- Galeria Alameda - taste fresh seafood and take pictures of colorful Colombian fruit
- Tres Cruces- trek Tres Cruces in a day time for spectacular view of the city
- Acuaparque de la Caña - feel like a child and unwind at this city waterpark
- Rio Pance / Los Farallones - get connected to the nature, swim in the river or hike to one of the peaks of the cloud forest